- 5 Red Capsicums(Raw)
- 1 head of cabbage
- 1 bottle of Diluted Iodine
- 1 Juicer
- 2 set of 5 Boiling tubes with rack
- 1 Strainer
- 20 Pipettes (15ml/Standard)
- 1 Stirring Rod
- Starch Solution(Pre made by Miss Su)
2.2 Procedures with Diagram
- First treat the vegetables, at each treatment process, the vegetable is left to be cooked for 3 minutes. The entire process is done on both capsicum and cabbage.
- Remove the juices from the vegetables in a juicer and rinse it after each time.
- Strain the juice to remove most of the solids.
- With a dropper add 2ml of juice to a boiling tube, then add 2ml of the 1% starch solution. Add a drop of the iodine into the test tube each time until the colour turns blue-black. Record the number of drops of iodine required to see the uniform change in colour for all the juices. Change the dropper after each testing. Record all the results and compare.
Repeat the steps for all the treated vegetables
2.4 Risk Assessment and Management
- As fire is used for frying, beware of fire and pay attention when frying.
- Avoid eating the Capsicum(leftovers).
2.5 Data Analysis
- The data we collected was enough to prove our hypothesis and uncover a few more details that we did not plan to find out.